The following rules apply in matters of general discipline. These rules are supplemented with occasional directions from the Principal and the College Council from time to time which shall be either announced or shall be displayed on the notice board.
- It shall be the duty of every student to abide by the rules and regulations of the college and conduct himself / herself with decorum in all places and under all circumstances.Ignorance of rules is not an excuse.
- College properties shall not be disfigured by affixing propaganda literature or by writing.
- Students found destroying college properties are liable to be fined heavily and will be punished suitably.
- No flag of student organisations shall be hoisted in the college campus.
- All students shall abide by the decisions of (1) the Principal (2) the discipline committee and (3) the college council.
- It is mandatory for all students to wear Uniform with ID tag distributed from the college. Students without Uniform will not allowed to enter the campus.
- Students are not permitted to loiter in the college campus during leisure hours.They shall either be in the library or leave the campus.
- Girl students shall be in the girls’ waiting room or in library during free periods and intervals. They shall move to the class only at the stroke of bell. No male students are allowed to enter the girls’ waiting room or the ladies’ hostels. When the Principal or a teacher enters a class room students shall stand and remain standing till they are directed to sit down.
- Smoking in the campus is strictly prohibited.
- The use of two wheelers by students within the campus is strictly prohibited according to the govt. order.
- Use of Mobile Phone by the students is strictly Prohibited in the Class and in the Campus.
- Any student found intoxicated by consuming beverages, drugs etc. will be summarily dismissed from the college.
- Outsiders are not permitted to meet any of the student in the college campus without the permission of the Principal or staff.
- Students are not permitted to indulge in any of the political activities in the college campus. Students are also prohibited from organising or attending meetings other than the official ones.
- Prior permission of the Principal, in writing, is necessary for;
Indecent behaviour, especially towards the opposite sex, will not be tolerated.As per High Court order on writ appeal No.535/2003 and judgement on review petition dated 20th Feb. 2004 all strikes, demonstrations, agitations, dharnas, gherao and the like are banned in the college campus. Students who violate the above rules are liable to be dismissed from the college summarily.Political activities are completely banned in the college campus. Students indulging in and involving themselves in any kind of political activity in the college campus are liable to be summarily dismissed from the college.No student shall bring into the college campus any banner, flag, board, notice, pamphlet or other such material for purpose of any political activity. If any student violates this, he/she will be summarily dismissed from the college.No student shall indulge in any activity which may cause disruption to classes or disturbance in the college campus. If any student violates the above regulation, he/she is liable to be dismissed from the college summarily.Ragging/teasing/harassing/ using words of abuse/etc. on junior students, especially female students, within the campus or outside is a punishable crime under police act and such matter will be immediately, reported to the police. Students involved in such acts will be adequently punished which amounts to
- organising processions, special meetings, entertainments or special functions in the college or college premises.
- collecting funds from the students or from the staff.
- putting up any notice on the notice board in the college or its premises.
The authority of the Principal extends outside also.Notice signed or countersigned by the Principal and published on the notice boards should be considered as having been brought to the notice of the students of the college.An office bearer will lose the office if he/she is found guilty of indiscipline or misusing his/her office.Any student or group of students in the name of strike or agitation cannot disturb class or cannot prevent the staff or Principal from carrying out their duties. Stringent disciplinary action including dismissal will be taken against such students. If the college canteen incurs any loss due to the above mentioned activities of students, they will be held responsible for that and they are liable to compensate the loss.The Principal shall place himself in communication with parents or guardians of the students who are very backward in their studies and do not show any improvement and where attendance is very irregular or conduct unsatisfactory. If the parents or guardians do not respond or do not take any interest in such matters the Principal will take appropriate action.The Principal in consultation with the college council wherever required, may impose the following or other punishments as may be deemed necessary.
- Imprisonment upto 2 years and
- A fine upto Rs. 10,000/- and
- Dismissal from the college
Any questions which are not covered by the foregoing rules shall be decided by the Principal.If a student or a group of students or the entire students have grievances of any kind whatsoever, it is to be brought to the attention of the Grievance Redressal Cell in writing. The Cell in consultation with the Principal shall take necessary steps to resolve such grievances.College Campus, Examination Room, Library are kept under CC TV surveillance
- Cancellation of attendance
- Withholding of term certificates
- Forfeit of educational concession and scholarship